Over 70 triathletes, officials, volunteers and supporters attended the combined Triathlon South & Triathlon Tasmania awards evening at the Old Woolstore in Hobart on 21 May 2016.
A highlight of the evening was the insights Craig and Lindell Percival related to us about their 8 in 8 in 8 experience to raise money for the John Maclean Foundation. If you missed the basics of this epic conquest, Craig did 8 Ironman distance triathlons in 8 days across 8 States/Territories, with Lindell managing the team (and Craig). Awesome to hear the story from both perspectives. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
For club members, it was a night to sit back, relax and reflect on the past season over a beverage or two with family and friends. The full list of Triathlon South award winners is as follows:
- 100 Club races recognition: Carl Hoddy
- 50 Club races recognition: Michael Anderson, John Dalco & Jo Cook
- Olympic (Standard) Champions: Sheila Barrett & Chris Sullivan
- Sprint Champions: Steph Bodak & Todd Skipworth
- Junior Age Group Champions: Sophie Moore & Nathan Green
- Open Age Group Champions: Rose Nash / Jess Schmidt (equal) & Chris Sullivan
- Veteran Age Group Champions: Shelley Millhouse & Scott Rogers
- Volunteer(s) of the Year: Michelle Direen & Katie Lavender
- President’s Award: Jo Cook
- Club Spirit Award: Steve Percival, and
- Triathletes of the Year: Sheila Barrett & Chris Sullivan (taking the baton from Noella Buchanan & Stephen Fenton/Matt Rundle).
A very special thank you to our Technical Officials for the seaon: Rob Bryson, Julie Bunyard, Janet Carty, Jason Clark, Neil Clark, Mary-Anne Davis, Fiona Dimsey, Michelle Direen, Marcus Haward & Ian Montgomery.
Last, but certainly not least, a very big thank you for the fantastic support provided by all our Club sponsors, whom without, we could not provide the amount of races we do at the entry price we charge, with the amount of spot prizes we provide after each event!
The Triathlon Tasmania Awards were also announced and the full list of winners can be found on their facebook page.
Well done to everyone involved in triathlon in Tasmania. A fantastic, challenging sport with lots of wonderful people and opportunities to participate.