Triathlon South, in partnership with new naming rights sponsor Aldanmark Pty Ltd Consulting Engineers, are proud to announce the 4-race Aldanmark Winter Sprint Duathlon Series 2017 at the Derwent Entertainment Centre.
Aldanmark Pty Ltd can provide feasibility studies, investigations, assessments, design and documentation, approvals, tendering and contract management, and project and construction management in the following disciplines: Structural, civil, Hydraulic, Geotechnical and Bushfire Assessment. For full details make sure you go to the Aldanmark website.
The race dates that make up the series are as follows:
- Sunday 23 July
- Sunday 6 August
- Sunday 24 September, and
- Sunday 29 October.
The finer details:
- Venue is the Derwent Entertainment Centre, off the Brooker Highway at Glenorchy.
- All races start at 10am, registration opens 9:00am – if members can come earlier to help set up that would be super.
- The format for the duathlon is a run, bike, run.
- Enter all the races in the series before race #1 and take advantage of the series discount of offer.
- Sprint series awards – best of three of the four races on points – by age category and gender, teams category too – medals awarded at end of race #4.
- Two race distances on offer:
- Sprint (and series race distance): 5km run, 21 km bike, 2.5km run
- Enticer (shorter format): 1.6km run, 12km bike, 1.6km run.
- Age group restrictions apply, parents/guardians please note:
- Sprint distance: 13 year olds can do in a team, 14 year olds can do solo
- Enticer distance: 12 year olds can do in a team, 13 year olds can do solo.
- Entry costs:
- Club members early bird $20 (all club members will receive a discount code via email to use for the Season)
- TA early bird $25 (club members please also answer yes and put in your TA number to get this discount)
- Public (i.e. no insurance) $30 (includes day licence fee)
- add $5 per entry after the early bird entry special price expires (1 week out from race day)
- enter on the day, add $15 to early bird prices above, cash only.
- All TA members are required to show proof of membership at registration for each event. Tri South club members we will have a membership report of up to about a week prior to the event. If you join after then please bring a copy of your email to confirm club membership.
- We hope to be testing our new timing system for this series (bring a race number belt if you have one).
- We always need volunteers to help us run our events as we are a volunteer-based club:
- Triathlon South club members you must marshal at least one event per Season – this is a good opportunity to do your duty if you are not ready to race so please contact us
- For anyone in the community (18 and over) who would like to get involved, please get in contact with us we’d love to have you on board to help out. We race at the DEC, Roches Beach, Seven Mile Beach and Orford and always need help on race day.