Welcome to the Queens Head Hotel Seven Mile Beach Triathlon Gala Day brought to you by Triathlon South. This event will take place near Day Use Area #2 at Seven Mile Beach. This is part of the now closed Surf Road section, off Gruber Avenue which runs from Seven Mile Beach to the airport. You can access Day Use Area #2 from Seven Mile Beach or the highway to the airport. Look out for the Triathlon South flag at the entrance to the closed off section of Surf Road.
Registration is now open:
Download the Race Guide.
This event is Armstrong Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd State series race 6, and a Triathlon South club points race. With three races being offered: Olympic, Sprint and Enticer distances, with the Olympic distance event being the main race of the day and also the race that is used for points calculations (juniors will race the sprint distance for points).
This event is sponsored by the Queens Head Hotel Hobart which is situated in the trendy suburb of North Hobart, a popular hub of dining and entertainment venues.
Pre-race pasta night:
- Join us on Friday Night 12th April for a Pasta Night (or anything from the menu) at 6:00pm Queens Head Hotel, North Hobart (family-friendly event).
- Online entries close: 7:00pm, Saturday 13th March 2019 (i.e. the night before the race).
- Enticer: 375m | 13km | 2.5km (age rules apply: 12 year olds can only compete as part of a team, 13 year olds can enter as a solo participant)
- Sprint: 750m | 20km | 5km (age rules apply: 13 year olds can only compete as part of a team, 14 year olds can enter as a solo participant)
- Olympic: 1,500m | 40km | 10km (age rules apply: 14 year olds can only compete as part of a team, 15 year olds can enter as a solo participant)
Race day schedule:
- Registration (on the day competitor check in for all competitors, including numbering) and transition both open at 8.30am and will close at 9.30am
- Compulsory race brief for all competitors at 9:40am, then down to beach for a swim warm up prior to start
- Race start: Olympic 10:00am and then Enticer and Sprint starting at 10:30am
- Presentations approximately at 1:00pm (after last competitor finishes).
Entry fees (prior to any TA Member discounts) are:
- Enticer Junior $27.50
- Enticer Senior, Veteran and Teams $55
- Sprint Junior $37.50
- Sprint Senior, Veteran and Teams $75
- Olympic Junior $42.50
- Sprint Senior, Veteran and Teams $85
TEAMS: **note only one team member needs to register for the event and must choose the team option in the DISTANCE SECTION when entering. * please enter your TEAM NAME after your surname. All other team members will need to sign a waiver on the day to be able to participate in the event.