This is a four-race series and provides a great opportunity for all experience and fitness levels to compete or just have fun on a completely closed course (no vehicles) at the Derwent Entertainment Centre (the DEC). Racing is organised by your local triathlon club, Triathlon South. Download the Duathlon Series flyer now.
Of the four Sprint Distance races, your top three scores will be calculated and a major cash prize of $250 each for overall best female and male will be up for grabs together with your name etched on to a perpetual trophy and presented after the conclusion of Race 4.
We are super grateful to our naming rights sponsors for the Winter Duathlon Series, Clennett’s Mitre 10! Make sure you plan a visit after your race at the DEC!
Clennett’ s Mitre 10 Duathlon Race #2
Know the drill? Click on the registration button below and go straight to Webscorer to enter, otherwise, please read on…
When: Sunday, 29 September 2019, race start 10:00am (i.e. get there with plenty of time to register and set yourself up in transition)
Where: the Derwent Entertainment Centre, Glenorchy (main car park)
Entries close: 8:00pm, Saturday night before the race
- Enticer: Run 2.5km, Ride 8.1km, Run 1.25km (age rules apply: 12 year olds can enter as a solo participant or as part of a team)
- Sprint: Run 5km, Ride 18.9km, Run 2.5km (age rules apply: 13 year olds can only compete as part of a team, 14 year olds can enter as a solo participant)
- Download the course map
Age Categories (note: age as at 31 st of December 2019 for this season):
- Junior (13-19)
- Senior (20-39)
- Veteran (40-49)
- Super Veteran (50+)
Race Day Schedule:
- Race Day Registration and transition both open at 9.00am and will close at 9.40am
- Race brief at 9:45am and is compulsory for all competitors
- Race start: (Enticer and Sprint) at 10:00am
- Presentations approx. 11.30am (or after last competitor finishes).
Entry fees are the same for Enticer and Sprint distances:
- Triathlon Australia members: $30.00
- Triathlon South members $20.00 ( INCLUDES Member discount of $10 when using discount code)
- Non Members of Triathlon Australia $40.00 (INCLUDES $10.00 fee for One Day Licence)
- Teams $40.00 (INCLUDES $10.00 fee for One Day Licence)
- Junior $20.00
The fine print:
- Points for the series will only be allocated in the Sprint race towards the series prize, and will only be awarded for overall across the line (i.e. not age categories).
- This series will count towards the end of year Club age category winners and Triathlete of the year.
Entry is open, click on the registration button now and enter via our secure Webscorer system: