Thank you for your understanding around our original Race #1 of the series being cancelled at short notice. For those who may have missed the reason, it was due to the State Government taking over the DEC complex for the Meningococcol Vaccine Clinic over the weekend of 4 and 5 August. Unfortunately we did not have an option and could not change the venue at short notice due to permit requirements and insurance documentation that needs to be submitted weeks in advance.
But great news, a third race has been scheduled to re-instate this as a three-race series and provides a great opportunity for all experience and fitness levels to compete or just have fun on a completely closed course (no vehicles) at the Derwent Entertainment Centre (the DEC). Racing is organised by your local triathlon club, Triathlon South.
Come and enjoy a Sprint Distance (Run 4.5km, Ride 18.8km, Run 2.4km), or a shorter Enticer distance (Run 1.9km, Ride 11km, Run 1.9km). A great way to start a Sunday morning.
This year we are playing for points! Your two best scores from the Sprint distance race will be calculated and a major cash prize of $250 each for overall best female and male will be up for grabs and presented after the conclusion of Race 3. And, there are also spot prizes to win back your race entry fee at the conclusion of each race as part of our sponsor spot prize draw (must be present to win).
Race 1: Sun 2 September 2018 10:00am
Results for 2 September race:
- Link directly to our webscorer race results portal
- Download a PDF file from our google drive, results in PDF format
Race 2: Sun 28 October 2018, 10:00am: now open
Race 3: Sun 11 November 2018, 10:00am: now open
The venue is the Derwent Entertainment Centre, 601 Brooker Hwy, Glenorchy TAS 7010, Australia. Transition is in the car park, see the course map.
- Download the course map (PDF file)
Online entries close 8pm on the Friday prior to the race on the Sunday, i.e. race 2 will close 8pm Friday 26 October 2018. On the day entries available, cash only and a $10 late fee applies.
Entry fees are as follows:
- Public (individuals and teams): $40, includes insurance day licence fee
- TA members: $30
- Club members: $20 (use your discount code).
- Club Junior members: $15 (use your discount code).
TEAMS: Only one member of the team needs to pay the entry fee, all members will need to sign the waiver prior to the event (go to the registration desk race morning to finalise this).
Age limits apply as stated by Triathlon Australia rules about minimum ages over certain distances. This is to ensure the health and safety of all our young competitors:
- Enticer: 1.9km | 10.8km | 1.9km (age rules apply: 12 year olds can only do in a team, 13 year olds can do solo)
- Sprint: 4.6km | 18.8km | 2.4km (age rules apply: 13 year olds can only do in a team, 14 year olds can do solo)
- 9am: Registration and transition opens – if you are new to duathlon, please give yourself plenty of time to ask questions from our club members in pink who can help you set up and talk you through the course.
- 9:45am: Race briefing (compulsory)
- 10am: Race start
Age categories are as follows:
Once you put your birth date into the system, your race category age group will be automatically set (Note: age as at 31 December 2017).
- Junior: 19 and under
- Senior: 20 to 39
- Veteran: 40 and over
- Teams: will be split into average age categories as per above if sufficient numbers, otherwise all “open”.
We are super grateful to our new naming rights sponsors for the Winter Duathlon Series, Clennett’s Mitre 10! Make sure you plan a visit after your race at the DEC!