Brought to you by Triathlon South – your local and Australia’s most Southern triathlon club – and our major sponsor for this event, JSA. Remember to check out JSA if you are thinking of designing and engineering your next construction project
This event is Race #1 of the Aquathlon Series, and a Triathlon South Club Points Race. The distances are Sprint and Short Course and both individual and team entries are available in both distances (note that age limits apply for younger people, see below).
Please click the button to go to our secure online entry portal to register, or keep reading on if you are new to the sport and want to know more.
- Where: Osborne Esplanade, Kingston Beach (opposite the Salty Dog – look out for the bright blue triathlon trailer)
- When: Friday 10th, December 2021 at 6:00 pm (i.e. twilight, after work/school)
- Entry (online only due to Covid): Late Entries after NOON on Race Day add $20 LATE FEE. (All Registration closes 2 hrs prior to the race start).
- Short Course Aquathlon: 300m swim | 2.5km beach run (age rules apply: 12 years can enter as a solo participant or in a team).
- Sprint Aquathlon: 1km swim | 5km beach run (age rules apply: 13 years can only compete as part of a team, 14 years can enter as a solo participant). Juniors that race the sprint distance will be placed in the senior age category.
Note: Age is based on your age as at 31 st of December 2021 for this season:
- Youth (12 – 14 yrs) – youth are only eligible for Club points in the Short Course
- Junior (15 – 19 yrs) – juniors are only eligible for Club points in the Short Course
- Senior (20 – 39 yrs)
- Veteran (40 – 49 yrs), and
- Super Veteran (50+ yrs).
The Details for the Day
- Race start (Sprint and Short Course) is at 6:00pm
- Registration and Transition opens at 5:00pm and closes at 5:40pm
- Compulsory race brief for all competitors is at 5:45pm
- Wrap up and presentations on the board walk at 7.15pm, this includes spot prizes, and a small prize will be given to 1st ,2nd, 3rd placing Male and Female in the Sprint and Short Course, and to the winning teams of both distances respectively.
- Pack-up and finish the evening over at the Salty Dog for recovery.
- All Entries are online only, no entry at venue.
- Entry fees are the same for Short Course & Sprint distances.
- Triathlon South members: $25 (INCLUDES Member discount of $10 when using discount code included in membership registration email).
- Triathlon Australia members: $35
- Non-Members of Triathlon Australia: $45 (INCLUDES $10 One Day Licence fee)
- Junior: $25 (Add $10 if non-Tri Australia member & take off $10 if Tri-South member)
- Teams: $40 INCLUDES $10 One Day Licence fee.
- LATE ONLINE ENTRIES: After noon on race day add $20 LATE FEE fee to the above.
- ALL ENTRY IS ONLINE and closes 2 hrs prior to the race start.
This series will count towards the end of year Club Age Category winners and Triathlete of the Year.
This is a great race to wet your feet into racing and building up to a solo triathlon.
No matter what type or level of Triathlon you enjoy, or even if you have never completed a Triathlon, this race will have something for you.
Triathlon South is excited to announce a new sponsorship partnership with JSA. One of Hobart’s most diverse and progressive construction design companies, JSA has made a commitment to support our Aquathlon series at Kingston and Bellerive Beaches this summer as well as support TryStars and Come and Try programs. JSA provides a range of design and consulting services for commercial and residential construction and development projects. Key services include architectural and engineering design, geotechnical assessment, wastewater design, bushfire assessment and planning. JSA is a one stop shop for your next project. Go and check them out at jsaengineers.com.au