Each year Triathlon South, Tasmania’s biggest triathlon club, runs over 10 events over two series, catering for young and old triathletes of all abilities and those new to the sport and those who have been coming back for over 15 years. These events are also a great social experience for many, with support crews (and some begrudging family members) joining the participants with their enthusiasm and encouragement as they go through Transition or complete a loop.
This year, we extend our welcome to those who want to do it as a work team! Look around you at work. Do you hear the runner, the rider, and the swimmer talking about their weekend, or do you know those that could and would, only if they had the opportunity?
We are issuing the challenge to Tasmanian businesses to put forward their best, most daring, most committed . . . or just those who want to take their fitness goals to the next level as part of a Triathlon Team to win the inaugural Ray White Hobart Corporate Teams Triathlon Challenge.
Our final race of the season is on Saturday April 2nd at Seven Mile Beach. Part of this event will be the inaugural Ray White Hobart Corporate Teams Triathlon Challenge, with an invitation extended to all Tasmanian businesses to send a team along to swim, bike, and run and compete seriously – or not-so-seriously – for a Trophy and a Team prize.
If this is going to be an ambition, and you want some help, we have some great support you can work with. Peter McKenna is a qualified triathlon coach, who can do the serious stuff, but also the social stuff, check out “Try a Tri” on Facebook and send Peter a message to get involved.
For more information or a conversation:
Contact Peter Barrett | 0427 701 710 | email@example.com
- When: Saturday 02 April 2022 – Racing starts at 10:00am
- Where: Day Use Area #2 on the closed section of Surf Road, Seven Mile Beach (off Greuber Avenue, look for the portaloos on race day – plenty of parking close by)
- Distances: this is a Sprint distance triathlon: swim: 750m, bike: 20km, run: 5km
- Entry Link: via the secure web scorer portal, enter event
- Entry Fees: $150 per team or $250 per team with 3 race day t-shirts. (This event is supporting SPEAK UP! Stay ChaTY! With $50 of your entry fee donated).
- Deadline: Entries close at 8 pm the night before the race. Entries up to 8 am on race day add a $20 late fee. ONLINE Entries only
What is a Team?
Teams are made up of 2 or 3 competitors. For example, a team member can do 2 of the 3 legs in any combination. Please note: 2 members need to be employed by the business.
The Race Day Lowdown
- Race Start for the Sprint is at 10:00 am
- To be on the start line, you must:
- Arrive to register between 8.30 am and 9.15 am
- Set up the bike/changeover in Transition from 8:30 am to 9:30 am
- Attend a Race Brief is at 9:30 am
- Presentations are at approximately 12:00 noon.
Have a conversation with Peter Barrett, President and Race Organiser and/or make the commitment and register through our secure portal, enter here
What are we offering?
We all know the benefits of getting out there, engaging even supporting through sports and team sports. Triathlons are a team sport, and it can take many forms; it can be about pushing yourself, it can be about sharing the experience, it can be about fun, or it can be all of these! We don’t mind which way you approach it, as long as you are getting fit, keeping fit, being involved, and looking forward to that smile on your face as you finish. We have an option and an experience for you. All of these are welcome at our Ray White Hobart Corporate Teams Triathlon Challenge.
Who are we?
Triathlon South is your local Triathlon Club issuing the challenge with Ray White Hobart on board to make the challenge real. Every time we race, whether at Baskerville Racecourse, Roches Beach, or Seven Mile Beach, we see everyone having a great time. It is an ideal opportunity to participate in a team-building event with all participants and spectators welcome. We are an inclusive club with a committee dedicated to putting on the highest quality racing in the country.
Why race (have fun) with us?
We frequently are awarded the Best Race of the Year. Our races at Seven Mile Beach takes you to a great location, with both elite and social racers all coming together to create a great atmosphere and experience for all.