Calling all 7 to 12 years olds who love to swim, run and bike… this is your last chance to compete in the JSA TRYstars series for kids, so get on it now!
As part of the Queens Head Hotel Summer Triathlon Race Series, we are offering a TRYstars triathlon format for 7 to 12 year olds. Triathlon South, in conjunction with JSA and naming rights sponsor, Queens Head Hotel, have launched a TRYstars series for the younger athletes who love to swim, run and bike. The TRYstars format at Seven Mile Beach provides a great opportunity for younger aspiring triathletes to have fun and compete by racing on a completely closed road and the beach. This is a non-competitive event so we give spot prizes rather than prizes for place-getters. We encourage participation and having fun.
When: Saturday 2nd April 2022 at 9:00am
Where: Day use area No. 2, Surf Road, Seven Mile Beach (just look for the cars and the portaloos on the closed part of Surf Road (plenty of parking either side of the road).
Registration: opens at 8.30am and your child/children must be registered to enter.
Race briefing: will be on the beach at about 8:50 am (compulsory for all competitors, the course will be described and chance to ask questions).
Race Start: 9:00am
Entries are now open via the button below, and close at 8:00pm the night BEFORE the race.
How much will it cost?
- Triathlon Australia Members race for free.
- All first time competitors race for free (please use discount code: first race)
- Non Triathlon Australia members $10
- 7-9years: 100m swim/3km ride/1km run
- 10-12years: 200m swim/6km ride/1.5km run
- Please note: the order and distances may be changed depending on the venue and other external factors
What you will need:
- Safe bike (must have working brakes and fit the child appropriately)
- Helmet (Australian standard and fit appropriately)
- Swimming bathers and goggles
- Running shoes
- A parent or responsible adult on site.
Don’t forget, if you are a bigger kid (12 years and above!), you can enter the Sprint or Short course distance triathlon. Information on these can be found on the enter events page now.
We are super grateful to our naming rights sponsors JSA (Engineering) and the Queens Head Hotel.