JSA TRYstars at the Queens Head Hotel @ Seven Mile Beach, on Sunday 20th February 2022, at 8.30am
Calling all 7 to 12 years olds who love to swim, run and bike…
Triathlon South, in conjunction with JSA and naming rights sponsor, Queens Head Hotel, have launched a TRYstars series for the younger athletes who love to swim, run and bike. The TRYstars format at Seven Mile Beach provides a great opportunity for younger aspiring triathletes to have fun and compete by racing on a completely closed road and the beach. This is a non-competitive event so we give spotprizes rather than prizes for placegetters. We encourage participation and having fun.
When: at Race 2: Sunday, 20th February 2022 at 8.30am, and put Race 3: Saturday, 2nd April 2022 in your diary
Where: Day use area 2, Surf Road, Seven Mile Beach
- Registration Opens: 8.00am
- Race Briefing (on beach): 8:20am
- Race start: 8.300am
- Race Finish: 9.00am
Race Entry, pricing and distances
- Entries are now on line and close 8pm the day BEFORE the race
- Triathlon Australia Members race for free.
- All first time competitors race for free (please use discount code: first race)
- Non Triathlon Australia members $10
- 7-9years: 100m swim/3km ride/1km run
- 10-12years: 200m swim/6km ride/1.5km run
- Please note: the order and distances may be changed depending on the venue and other external factors.
What you will need:
- Safe bike (must have working brakes and fit the child appropriately)
- Helmet (Australian standard and fit appropriately)
- Swimming bathers and goggles
- Running shoes
- A parent or responsible adult on site.
- Don’t forget, if you are a bigger kid (12 years and above!), you can enter the Sprint or Short course distance triathlon. Information on these can be found on the enter events page now.
We are super grateful to our naming rights sponsors JSA and Queens Head Hotel.