JSA TRYstars series is set to launch at the Queens Head Hotel, Seven Mile Beach Triathlon on Saturday 15 January 2022 (9:00am)
Calling all 7 to 12 years olds who love to swim, run and bike…
Triathlon South, in conjunction with JSA and naming rights sponsor, Queens Head Hotel, have launched a TRYstars series for the younger athletes who love to swim, run and bike. The TRYstars format at Seven Mile Beach provides a great opportunity for younger aspiring triathletes to have fun and compete by racing on a completely closed road and the beach. This is a non-competitive event so we give spotprizes rather than prizes for placegetters. We encourage participation and having fun.
When: Race 1: Sat 15th January 2022 at 9:00am (Race 2 is Sunday, 20th February 2022, and Race 3 is Saturday, 2nd April 2022)
Where: Day use area 2, Surf Road, Seven Mile Beach
- REGO OPENS: 8.30am
- RACE BRIEF (on beach): 8:50am (compulsory for competitors and their parent/responsible adult accompanying the child)
- RACE STARTS: 9:00am
- RACE FINISH: 9.30am
Entries will be on line soon and close 8pm the day BEFORE the race.
- Triathlon Australia Members race for free.
- All first time competitors race for free (please use discount code: first race)
- Non Triathlon Australia members $10
- 7-9 years of age: 100m Swim | 3 km Ride| 1 km Run
- 10-12 years of age: 200m SWIM | 6 km Ride | 1.5 km Run.
- Please Note: the order and distances may be changed depending on the venue and other external factors (e.g. water conditions, wet weather etc).
Equipment you will need:
- Safe bike (must have working brakes and fit the child appropriately)
- Helmet (Australian standard and fit appropriately)
- Swimming bathers and goggles
- Running shoes
- A parent or responsible adult on site.
- Don’t forget, if you are a bigger kid (12 years and above!), you can enter the Sprint or Short course distance triathlon. Information on these can be found on the enter events page now.
We are super grateful to our naming rights sponsors JSA Engineering and the Queens Head Hotel.