Calling all 7 to 12 years olds who love to ride and run…
Triathlon South, in conjunction with naming rights sponsor, Clennett’s Mitre 10, have launched a TRYstars series for the younger athletes who love to ride and run. The TRYstars format at the Derwent Entertainment Centre (the DEC) provides a great opportunity for younger aspiring triathletes to have fun and compete by racing on a completely closed course (no vehicles).
- Race 1: Sun 25 August 9:00am
- Race 2: Sun 29 September 9:00am
- Race 3: Sun 20 October 9:00am
- Race 4: Sun 10 November 9:00am
- Derwent Entertainment Centre,
601 Brooker Hwy, Glenorchy TAS 7010
- Entries: On the day. Club members free entry, public $5.00 (NOTE: Race 1 free entry to all)
- Race Day Registration opens at 8.30am and closes at 8.50am
- Race brief at 8.55 am
- Race start: at 9:00 am
- Race finish: 9.30 am.
- Mini Trystars 7-9 years: 1km run/3km bike
- Mega Trystars 10-12 years : 2km run/6km bike
What you will need:
- Safe bike (must have working brakes and fit the child appropriately)
- Helmet (Australian standard and fit appropriately)
- Running shoes
- A parent or responsible adult on site.
Don’t forget, if you are a bigger kid, you can enter the Sprint or Enticer distance duathlons and information on these can be found on the enter events page now.
We are super grateful to our naming rights sponsors for the Winter Duathlon Series, Clennett’s Mitre 10! Make sure you plan a visit after your race at the DEC!