The details of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Triathlon South are as follows, which includes the appointment of a 2018-19 Triathlon South Committee to take our club forward and continue with the great races and other events we organise and manage, over the Season.
Date: Sunday, 05 August 2018
Venue: Derwent Entertainment Centre (the DEC)
Address: 618 Brooker Hwy, Glenorchy
The AGM Agenda: downloadable file
- Welcome and introductions
- Acceptance of Minutes of previous Annual General Meeting
- Amendment to current constitution
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Race Committee Report
- Acceptance of Financial Statements
- Questions to Office Bearers
- Election of Office Bearers
- Vice President x 2
- Election of committee members (up to 6)
- Meeting Close.
The 1st event in the Clennett’s Mitre 10 Winter Duathlon Series will get underway as soon as the AGM is closed.
We Need You!
A number of current Committee members have indicated they are stepping down and not re-nominating:
- Michael Lavender (President)
- Andrew Zeilinski (Co-Vice President)
- John Breen (Treasurer)
- Jo Cook (Secretary)
- Katrina Carr (Committee Member)
A number of current Committee members have also indicated they will re-nominate:
- Mark Blake (Co-Vice President)
- Peter Barrett (Committee Member)
- Michael Anderson (Committee Member)
- Sheila Barrett (Committee Member)
- Lewis Mitchelmore (Committee Member)
- Mark Dew (Committee Member)
As indicated above, a number of nominations from our membership will be required in order to continue to do the work to ensure great triathlon and other events are organised for our membership in the South. We also need your support by attending the AGM to ensure its validity as a minimum number of club members is required for an AGM.
The only prerequisite for becoming a Triathlon South Committee member is an interest in triathlon, and lots of enthusiasm. You do not have to be skilled in any aspect of Committee work. Committee members present and past will be on hand to assist anyone who would like to step up and assist the Club with organising events and general administration and similar duties. Becoming a Committee member is a great way to get to know your Club and give back to the community. Please get in touch with any of the Committee if you wish to discuss your nomination further.
Look forward to seeing a few new faces on the Committee in 2018-19!
Triathlon South Committee