Saturday 20 Jan 2018
Seven Mile Beach
ONLINE ENTRY NOW OPEN
Early bird closes 31 December 2017
All entries close 12 January 2018, unless sold out prior.
Strictly no ‘on the day’ entries
This is a points race for Australian Team selection for the World Triathlon Championships on the Gold Coast in September 2018. It is also part of the Tasmanian State Triathlon Series and a club race.
A competitor information booklet will be available for this race closer to the event date, outlining the schedule, course details, maps and any other important information. This will be posted on our Facebook page and on this page when published. Significant changes to the long-standing course at Seven Mile Beach has had to be implemented due to the runway extension work at Hobart Airport and the re-alignment of Surf Road.
Please be aware that the start time is approximate and will be between 1-3 PM due to the tides, so please make arrangements accordingly. As we wish to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone, holding a separate race. e.g. both a women’s race and a men’s race may be necessary. By doing this we will allow as many people as possible the chance to claim qualifying points across the age groups.
For those with TA membership, you will need to produce your card as well as Photo ID at the registration desk on the day of the race.
* Sprint: 750m | 20km | 5km (age rules apply: 13 year olds can only compete as part of a team, 14 year olds can enter as a solo participant)
* Enticer: half the Sprint distance, has been cancelled due to a major lack of entries as at 1 January 2018.
- transition and general assembly on the closed-off section of Surf Road, where Day Use Area #2 intersects
- the transition area / epi-centre of activity will be on the closed part of Surf Road
- there will be a longer run from the beach to transition (over a small crest) and this will be carpeted
- the ride will be on the rest of Surf Road and into Pittwater Road – we are working to get a road closure for Pittwater but this is not confirmed (but traffic is light given this road is now a dead-end)
- the run will be a beach run
- bike racking is on the day of the race, not the day prior as with larger events.