Triathlon South, in partnership with new naming rights sponsor Aldanmark Pty Ltd Consulting Engineers, are pleased to announce that Race #2 of the 4-race Aldanmark Winter Sprint Duathlon Series 2017 at the Derwent Entertainment Centre is now open to enter. Despite less than perfect conditions for race #1, we had a strong field take part in both the sprint and enticer distances on offer.
Leading the sprint series overall after race #1 is Matt Geappen and Jen Gillard, and for the enticer, Andrew Smart, Sophie Moore & Team Barnes. With some very close times at the top of the leader board, race #2 is shaping up to be a great event. Come and join us and see what Winter racing is all about.
The race dates that make up the series are as follows:
- Sunday 23 July – results
- Sunday 6 August – now open, see registration button below – see who has already entered
- Sunday 24 September, and
- Sunday 12 November.
Race No. 2 is now open to enter:
The finer details:
- Venue is the Derwent Entertainment Centre, off the Brooker Highway at Glenorchy.
- All races start at 10am, set-up begins at 8:30am and registration opens 9:00am – if members can come earlier to help set up that would be super.
- The format for the duathlon is a run, bike, run.
- Sprint series awards – best of three of the four races on points – by age category and gender, teams category too – medals awarded at end of race #4.
- Two race distances on offer:
- Sprint (and series race distance): 5km run, 21 km bike, 2.5km run
- Enticer (shorter format): 1.6km run, 12km bike, 1.6km run.
- Age group restrictions apply, parents/guardians please note:
- Sprint distance: 13 year olds can do in a team, 14 year olds can do solo
- Enticer distance: 12 year olds can do in a team, 13 year olds can do solo.
- Entry costs:
- Club members early bird $20 (all club members will receive a discount code via email to use for the Season)
- TA early bird $25 (club members please also answer yes and put in your TA number to get this discount)
- Public (i.e. no insurance) $30 (includes day licence fee)
- add $5 per entry after the early bird entry special price expires (1 week out from race day)
- enter on the day, add $15 to early bird prices above, cash only.
- TEAMS: enter one of you and we’ll get the full details of all team members race morning (i.e. team is same price as individual entry).
- All TA members are required to show proof of membership at registration for each event. Tri South club members we will have a membership report of up to about a week prior to the event. If you join after then please bring a copy of your email to confirm club membership.
- We hope to be testing our new timing system for this series (bring an ankle strap if you prefer one).
- We always need volunteers to help us run our events as we are a volunteer-based club:
- Triathlon South club members you must marshal at least one event per Season – this is a good opportunity to do your duty if you are not ready to race so please contact us
- For anyone in the community (18 and over) who would like to get involved, please get in contact with us we’d love to have you on board to help out. We race at the DEC, Roches Beach, Seven Mile Beach and Orford and always need help on race day.