Event Complete – Entries now open to the Duathlon WQE event
Clennett’ s Mitre 10 Duathlon Race 3: Saturday 11 September 10:00am – Seven Mile Beach – WQE
Race 3 of the Clennett’s Mitre 10 Winter Duathlon series is an Age Group World Qualifying Event tor Australian team selection for racing at the World Multisport Championships in 2022 (venue yet to be advised). We will be offering Standard (Olympic), Sprint and Short Course distances over the terrain that is our usual Summer Triathlon course with a few tweaks to keep you on your toes (minus the beach!).
Where: Seven Mile Beach Day Use Area 2, off Surf Road.
Entry is now open, simply click on the registration button below and go to our secure online entry portal that will provide all the information. Please note, entries close: 8 PM, night before the race (you can do a paperless entry after this time but late entry fee applies of $20, up until 1 hr prior to race start)
- Olympic/Standard: Run 10km, Ride 40km, Run 5km (age rules apply: 15 year olds can only compete as part of a team, 17 year olds can enter as a solo participant)
- Sprint: Run 5km, Ride 18km, Run 2.5km (age rules apply: 13 year olds can only compete as part of a team, 14 year olds can enter as a solo participant)
- Short Course: Run 2.5km, Ride 8km, Run 1.25km (age rules apply: 12 year olds can enter as a solo participant or as part of a team)
Age Category (note: Age as at 31st of December 2021 for this season):
- Youth (12-14) – Youth are only eligible for points/prize money in the Short Course race
- Junior (15-19) – Juniors are only eligible for points/prize money in the Short Course race
- Senior (14-39)
- Veteran (40-49)
- Super Veteran (50+).
The Race Day Lowdown:
- TRYstar Racing starts 9am, with registrations at 8.30am
- Main Race Day Registration and transition both open at 9.00am and will close at 9.40am
- NOTE: no entries allowed at Registration Desk
- Race brief at 9.45 am
- Race start: 10:00am main Olympic/ Standard distance & 10:15am for Sprint and Short Course distance
- Presentations approx. 1:00pm.
Entry fees are the same for Olympic and Sprint distances:
- Triathlon Australia members: Olympic & Sprint $70.00 & Enticer $60.00
- Triathlon South members Olympic & Sprint $50.00 & Enticer $40.00 ( INCLUDES Member discount of $20 when using discount code)
- Non-Members of Triathlon Australia: Olympic & Sprint $90.00 & Enticer $80.00 (INCLUDES $20.00 fee for One Day Licence)
- Teams: Olympic & Sprint $90.00 & Enticer $80.00 (INCLUDES $20.00 fee for One Day Licence) *See note below
- Youth & Junior Enticer: $30 (Add $20 if non-Tri Aust member & take off $20 if a Triathlon South member)
- Late Entries after 8pm before race day add $20 LATE FEE fee to the above. ONLINE entry only.
The fine print:
*In addition to spot prizes, a small prize will be given to age category winners in the Olympic/Standard race and Youth/Juniors in the Short Course. Also a small prize to 1st ,2nd, 3rd placing Male and Female in the Sprint and Short Course. And to the winning team of the Olympic/Standard, Sprint and Short Course.
*Over all Series points for the major prize will only be allocated in the Olympic/Standard distance for this race and will only be awarded for overall across the line (ie not age categories). Points will be taken from your best 3 results from the 4-race series. Please Note a Junior (age 12-19) Series Prize will be given to best placed Male and Female in the Short Course distance.
*This series will count towards the end of year Club age category winners and Triathlete of the year.
Kids TryStars Duathlon Event
There is a Kids TRYStars Race in conjuction with this event, that will take place before the main races start. It is free for first timers. Go to the club’s entry portal to find out all the details:
We are super grateful to our naming rights sponsors for the Winter Duathlon Series, Clennett’s Mitre 10!