The Queens Head Hotel Seven Mile Beach Triathlon is race #3 in the series and the final to gather points for the Club’s Triathlete of the Year, and is also the last triathlon of the season in Tassie!
If you know how it all works, click on the button below and go on and enter. Otherwise, keep reading all the details that you need to know.
- Day use area 2 Surf Road, Seven Mile Beach (off Grueber Avenue, between 7 Mile Beach residential area and the Hobart Airport).
- Plenty of parking close to transition on both sides of Surf/Grueber Road near Day Use Area #2 (i.e. do not obstruct traffic flow by parking on any road shoulder).
- Saturday, 17 April 2021.
- 10:00 am for gun start (see schedule below for registration and transition open/close times).
- 8:00pm the night before the race.
- From 8:01pm, and up to 8:00am on race day, entry fee is subject to $20 late fee – ON LINE entries only (due to Covid-19 restrictions).
- Enticer 300m swim | 7km ride | 2km run (age rules apply 12 year olds & up can compete solo or as part of a team)
- Sprint 750m swim | 20km ride | 5km run (age rules apply 13 year olds can only compete as part of a team, 14 year olds & up can enter as a solo or as part of a team)
- Note – age as at 31st of December 2020 for this season.
Age groupings for triathlon:
- Youth 12-14 Youth & Junior are only eligible for points/prize money in the enticer race
- Junior 15-19
- Senior 20-39
- Veteran 40-49
- Veteran (50+)
- Teams: Mixed ages.
- Committee and any volunteer helpers arrive on site early to set up.
- Registration & transition opens at 8:30am and closes at 9:30am (i.e. please get there with plenty of time to set yourself up in transition)
- Compulsory race brief @ 9:40am for all competitors (no exceptions)
- Swim dip & swim briefing 9:55am
- Race start (sprint & enticer) 10:00am
- Presentations approximately noon.
- Please bring a spare towel for transition if getting out of your wetsuit on the bitumen road is of concern to you
- footwear can be left at the beach exit point (start of short hill run) to run back to transition after swim if you have tender tootsies
- Please bring your own water/hydration (due to Covid-19 restrictions), i.e. don’t assume the club will supply water, and there is no tap near transition
- Toilets are portaloos, closest public toilet is Day Use Area 1 (or make a stop at the Lewis Park toilets on your way in from 7 Mile Beach).
- Triathlon Australia members: Sprint $70 & Enticer $60
- Triathlon South members Sprint $50 & Enticer $40 (INCLUDES Member discount of $20 using discount code)
- Non Members of Triathlon Australia: Sprint $90 & Enticer $80 (INCLUDES $20.00 fee for One Day Licence)
- Teams Sprint $90 & Enticer $80 (INCLUDES $20.00 fee for One Day Licence)
- Junior Sprint $35 & Enticer $30 (Add $20 if non Tri Aust member & take off $20 if Tri South member)
- Entries after 8pm before race day add $20 LATE FEE fee to the above. ON LINE entry only.
TEAMS: *Note team entry has changed! The first team member needs to register the team name and pay for the event. You must choose the team option in the “distance AND category” when entering. Please enter team members names and ensure each team member agrees to the waiver in the correct place.
In addition to great sponsor spot prizes that all competitors are eligible for (if they are present at time of drawing), prizes will also be given for winners and placegetters in the following categories:
- Prize money 1st place 2nd place 3rd place
- Senior (14-39) Sprint $100 $50 $25
- Veteran (40-49) Sprint $100 $50 $25
- Super Veteran (50+) Sprint $100 $50 $25
- Youth (12-14) Enticer $50 $25 $10
- Junior (15-19) Enticer $50 $25 $10