Triathlon South will be holding a Season Launch Come and Tri Event at Orana Guide Camp at Roches Beach on Sunday, 26 November 2017. Everyone is invited to come along and learn about the great sport of triathlon. More details below.
Race dates have now been confirmed for the 2017-18 Triathlon Season
- 9 December 2017: Sprint and Enticer, 7 Mile Beach Day User Area #2 (including Xmas BBQ)
- 20 January 2018: Strategic Financial Planning State Sprint Championships (incorporating points National Qualifier), 7 Mile Beach Day User Area #2. Hoping to open very soon – just one more piece of paperwork to finalise.
- 3 February 2018: Tassal Triathlon Festival, Orford (including Standard, Sprint and Enticer distances)
- 23 March 2018: State Sprint Aquathlon Championships (incorporating points National Qualifier), Kingston Beach (Friday twilight race)
- 25 March 2018: Strategic Financial Planning State Sprint Cross Triathlon Championships (incorporating points National Qualifier) and Multisport Challenge, Roches Beach.
- Note: there will also be a number of casual triathlon training events at 7 Mile Beach to supplement the event calendar – the dates to be announced in the coming weeks.
More Details of the Come and Tri Open Day Event
9:30am, Sunday 26 November
Our triathlon season launch will be at the Orana Guide Camp at 146 Roches Beach Road commencing at 9:30 (rego) for a 10am start.
This is open to everyone who is interested in the sport of triathlon. An opportunity for club members old and new to catch up for a bit of banter and share their knowledge with new competitors wishing to enter the sport. Bring your good used second hand gear to sell and your spare cash to buy some good quality gear on offer.
A small entry fee will apply and you can save by paying online through our secure entry system (link will be via our website and facebook once open – about 10 days before this event). What you can expect:
- Water activities/training drills with Swim Coach Peter McKenna
- Open water swim – catering for different ages, fitness levels
- Trail run – catering for different ages, fitness levels
- Q and A session and other activities
- Buy and sell tri gear
- $10 Club/TA members inc TS Juniors
- $15 Public (includes insurance day licence fee)
- Facilities include toilets, showers, sun cover, plenty of parking
- Professional water safety, and medical in attendance.
Note: there is no bike riding component for this event due to the cost and complication of requiring road management.